Principal Tailings Dam Engineer
Want real work-life balance? Looking for a new challenge? We are seeking a Principal Tailings Engineer to join our growing, people-oriented business.
- Competitive Remuneration and Benefits Package
- Office-based role with some travel as needed
- Be part of a dynamic, growing and reputable organisation
Knight Piésold is a specialised international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower, Water Resources, and Roads & Construction Services. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale.
The Principal Dams Engineer is responsible for:
- The review, design, construction and remediation of tailings structures at all stages of the project, including pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design and construction stages.
- Undertaking desk based studies utilising data and information from a variety of sources.
- Undertaking due diligence reviews.
- Undertaking scoping and pre-feasibility studies.
- Design and supervision of waste facilities.
- Project management and co-ordination.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Mentoring a team of engineers as required.
- Be appointed as Engineer of Record on large projects
While we’re ideally seeking to fill the role on a full-time basis, consideration will be given to requests for part-time or flexible work arrangements.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Engineering with either Geotechnical or Civil specialisations, have worked within the mining industry, and will possess:
- Previous experience in the design, build and maintenance of Tailings Storage Facilities with specific experience in serving as Engineer of record on large projects.
- Competent report and proposal writing skills requiring strong written skills
- Have strong stakeholder engagement skills and able to work well with clients
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and clients at one time, delivering design services on time and budget, and to the client's satisfaction.
- Strong technical ability in tailings management, geotechnics, heap leaching and water management.
- Ability to review reports and analyses, and carry out audits.
- Ability to manage people, technical teams and mentor engineering staff.
- Demonstrated leadership and business development experience
Knight Piésold offer excellent remuneration packages and a competitive range of benefits including:
- financial bonus incentive programs;
- subsidised gym memberships / fitness classes;
- training and development opportunities;
- referral bonuses;
- early access to long service leave;
- and much more!
If you would like to join a growing, dynamic and reputable organisation, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.