Daniel Yang, P.Eng.
Specialist Geotechnical Engineer | Associate
Daniel Yang is a Specialist Geotechnical Engineer based in Knight Piésold’s Vancouver office. He has 25 years of work experience as a geotechnical engineer and project manager in engineering consulting companies, providing design, consultation, and construction services in mining and power industries worldwide. The fields he specializes in include:
- Geotechnical site investigation, instrumentation, monitoring, and inspection
- Soil/rock slope stability modelling, slope remediation design, and implementation
- Shallow/deep foundation assessment and ground improvement design
- Open pit slope design, inspection, and specialist auditing
- Retaining structure and reinforcement design including MSE wall, sheet pile wall, anchor block, and soil nailing
- Rock slope/underground excavation and stabilization design using rock bolting, anchor, shotcrete and meshing
- Stability, seepage, and dynamic deformation analysis of earthfill embankment
Daniel has gained significant fieldwork experience and strong computer analytical skills in the field of geotechnical engineering. His project experience includes Canada, USA, Mexico, South America, Middle East, and China. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.