Upgrading of Bulk Sewer Line in Keetmanshoop
The Municipality of Keetmanshoop experienced extensive problems with the capacity of the existing bulk sewer network. Constant over-spillage of sewer in residential areas became a major health concern. The client appointed Knight Piésold to come up with a practical and workable solution.
Knight Piésold’s Role
Knight Piésold’s overall role was to investigate and design a new bulk sewer line to stop over spillage of raw sewer in residential areas.
- Investigation and report on current flows and infrastructure
- Preliminary design of bulk sewer line and outlet structure at oxidation ponds
- Detailed sewer hydraulic design
- Tender documentation
- Tender process (evaluation and appointment of contractor)
- Specifications and construction drawings
- Contract documentation
- Project management and construction site supervision